Friday, November 5, 2010

No one belongs here more than you


One day during the summer I was looking for a book, I needed a new
read. Then after scrolling through books, reading reviews and so on
I came across this book... it had such a beautiful name I couldn't
pass up. So I finally got the book and started reading it...

The books itself is aesthetically pleasing actually, a very plain
yellow paper cover and it was very thin... it's only like 150 pages
or something. However there is a Korean proverb that translates
"even little peppers can be very hot"... this book would fall into
that proverb.

When you look at the cover of this book, you may think that it would
be a quick and easy read... it is however not. I'm still working on
understanding everything that goes on in this book, there's so much
...idk, room? to imagine and think of things, some stories with parts
untold. It's harder for me to understand the concept of the stories,
but this could be because I've never fallen "In love" haha.

The language however is beautiful, when she's describing some parts
of the stories, it flows and you can see what she's imagining and putting
into words. These parts I do enjoy reading.

Despite the hype and the positive reviews, I'm not enthralled by it ...yet,
I may have some more understanding or critical thinking to do but not I'm
not on this bandwagon yet...

hoping to update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment