
Where do I even start on this one? This has been one helluva book! helluva!
So freaking hilarious!
It starts with the author (Justin Halpern) moving back in with his folks when
he breaks up with his girlfriend. There he reunites with his mother and of course
his dad who says a lot of sh*t, like the title mentions.
The books jumps around going from random quotes on certain situations...
ie. - ON BREAKING THE NEIGHBOR'S WINDOW FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A YEAR
" What in the hell is the matter with you? This the third time!
You know, at this point I think it's the neighbor's fault...
No not really, it's your f***ing fault, I'm just in denial
right now that my DNA was somehow involved in something this
stupid."
see, that's one of the random quotes, the certain situations are like short
stories that explain why Sam Halpern (The Dad) say some of most obnoxious,
profane, and hilarious things. In addition to the humor I like how you can
learn something form this book. Like, don't ditch your dad on a gardening
date for a stupid girl you like and who just happened to break up with her boyfriend and for some random reason wants to go to mexico. Touching stuff haha.
but all in all this book flew by for me and it certainly has been one of the
best entertainments I've ever had, I don't think there is another book out there
that would make me laugh as hard as this one did. Props to you Justin, and to your
dad too.
Some samples...
ON MY BLOODY NOSE
"What happened? Did somebody punch you in the face?!... The what? The air is dry? Do me a favor and tell people you got punched in the face."
ON THE MEDICINAL EFFECT OF BACON
"You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon."
No comments:
Post a Comment